Saturday, August 18, 2012

Baby Victoria News


Hello my lovelies, 

First of all, I want to thank you all for your love, baby gifts and your prayers.  I feel it’s my obligation to let you know how the pregnancy is coming along since you all are her aunts and uncles (except Troy and maybe Ryder).  Well, I’m bound to bed right now, the baby and I are fine but we might be having an emergency c-section on Tuesday.  We are 34 weeks right now. 



Well, my doctor is left today for 3 full weeks to visit her daughters in Tampa, FL. Before going away I went to my appointment, as you might already heard the baby is breech (meaning, feet down and head up). To my surprise pregnancy turned... weird... that’s the only word I can describe it with.  One appointment I'm having an ultrasound looking at her feet, her nose and we are all cheering and calling her name to see if she turned around... next appointment out of nowhere we are talking about emergency c-sections and the gravity of the situation. 

I have low (very very low) amniotic fluid, I had to change doctors because I will not be able to wait another 3 weeks, our baby might come in early (so be prepared for a lot of chat from us girls in group chat!).  New (handsome, btw) doctor checked if enough liquid is reaching the baby and it is *sighs*... then checked if the baby is distributing blood how it’s supposed to be... and it is... brain is PERFECTLY fine, heart, and kidneys nare too... the only problem are her lungs, they are not fully developed yet. We are trying to wait for as long as possible to have a c-section. He reckons one day in the belly is equivalent to 2 days in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). So right now I can only get up to go to the bathroom, nothing else. Drinking 6 glasses of fresh coconut water daily, 12 glasses of water daily, plus all the juice, soup and liquids I can take... the problem is, I'm leaking amniotic fluid through urine, so I must take as much liquid as possible. 

So here I am, bound to bed.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to get a new collection ready or come online on SL to chat and... Work, I don’t know... but I don't feel so well, I’m not much inspired to do neither.  Anyways, if you happen to see me online say hello, it always cheers me up. 

Both doctors agreed the baby is FINE, she’s 5.5 pounds heavy and her reflexes are amazing! We are only trying to hold on the c-section for as long as possible.  I will get another blog post done tomorrow and tell you how we are doing.  Thank you for reading and... uhm.. don't forget to grab today's group gift, it’s our "green with envy weekend" you don’t want to miss it! 

:) *hugs*

Hugs and love, 
Mrs. W